If you flew to Panama with a lot of debt, a little cash, no experience and nothing but a plan to make money online, would you still play it cool?
A common theme of this podcast is to explore transition. No one gives permission to do this stuff. It takes a leap of faith to make it happen. I love to ask how the most successful people made it happen.
My guest today is Chris Hughes (@whosChrisHughes). We met at KoHub one night. I dive into that story in the podcast.
Lots of people say that building a business is like jumping off a cliff and building an airplane before you hit the ground. For Chris, that plane was a Duck Dynasty Facebook fan page. Duck Dynasty caught him before he hit the dirt. He’s still flying. It’s a crazy story.
“Do the stuff you’re supposed too, before you do the stuff you want too.” – Chris Hughes
Podcast: Play in new window
- How Chris almost killed his friend [02:20]
- Starting a life of travel [02:40]
- The viral power of Duck Dynasty [03:35]
- Using a Facebook Fan Page to buy a margarita [06:50]
- Valet-parking cars for Orlando Magic [10:45]
- Refusing job opportunities to keep your freedom [14:10]
- Learning how to make money online [16:05]
- On completing college for your parents [18:03]
- Burning your ships and making the leap [22:38]
- Being smart with your money [23:20]
- Juggling for video games [25:20]
- The benefits of Capitalism [29:05]
- Leaving the surfing haven of Costa Rica [30:35]
- Building systems for your business [33:30]
- Making business work on Facebook [35:50]
Chris Hughes Talking Points:
- Learn about the show Duck Dynasty which inspired Chris’s first business
- Like Chris’s fan page to see his work in action Duck Dynasty Fan Club
- Learn more about Peerfly the affiliate network
- Use Bit.ly to make shorter links
- Learn more about ClickBank – A marketplace for digital products
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Learn more about Nick Anderson
- No B.S. Direct Marketing by Dan S. Kennedy
- Connect with Chris Hughes:
- Innocence by SVDKO
What was your last important life transition?