Host of Chalk Talk, a Climbing Industry Podcast.
John Blomquist remembers his travels to Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
Running through the jungle, sometimes in pouring rain.
Host Ian Robinson made a great travel buddy.
John loved Costa Rica so much he got married there years later.
Introducing the champ, John Blomquist.
“Punta Mona, it’s kind of like this Garden of Eden & you’re greeted by people with the biggest smiles on their faces, because they’re living in heaven.” – John Blomquist (Tweet It)
- Recently started a climbing podcast, Chalk Talk
- Traveled to Costa Rica with host Ian Robinson in 2007
- Went to Puerta Viejo en route to Punta Mona
- Punta Mona is a center for Regenerative Design and Botanical studies, founded by Stephen Brooks
- How he got lost in the jungle by himself, nearly killed by a coconut
- Ran through the jungle in the pouring rain with Ian
- Got married on the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica
- How the unfortunate growth of Costa Rica has lead to it loosing it’s charm
- After Costa Rica, went to Nicaragua, to Ometepe Island
- stayed at El Zopilote on Ometepe
- Traveled to San Juan del Sur
- More tales of his travels to come on the Love Affair Travel podcast
“Nicaragua still has that developing country charm & it’s such a treat.” – John Blomquist (Tweet It)
- Punta Mona
- Love Affair Travel, Ep. 20 featuring Stephen Brooks
- Read about those miracle berries John and Ian found in the jungle and Buy them here
- Rocking J’s in Puerta Viejo
- El Zopilote on Ometepe
- Tambor Tropical
- Connect with Johnny: