Do you want to travel the world, but don’t have a lot of cash?
Amber Worrick has been doing it since she left high school.
She doesn’t run an Internet business or have a trust fund.
She has hitchhiked through Europe and South America.
She just might be the push you need to get out the door and live your dreams.
Say hello to the courageous, Amber Worrick.
Podcast: Play in new window
“You can travel with very little money. You just have to make different decisions and redefine success.” – Amber Worrick (Tweet It)
- Find out what Amber is currently doing in Santiago, Chile
- How Amber went from a small town in the midwest of the United States to a global traveler
- The importance of learning a language and cultural exchange
- How Ian and Amber ran into each other in Chile
- The power of Facebook and networking online
- The story of Amber’s first experience picking up a hitchhiker with her dad in Illinois
- How Amber ended up on a remote Chilean island after hitchhiking in 30 cars and multiple boats
- How to travel the world on a budget…. Hint: Hitchhike!
- A Dutch man living alone on an island named “Cagalandia” (there’s a great story behind the name)
- Fishing for huge crabs and living off the land
- Redefining success and traveling on $10-15 dollars a day
- And much more…
- Camp Adventure – The Student Travel organization Amber worked for abroad
- Learn more about Chile:
- Learn more about Chillicothe, USA (map) – the small midwestern town where Amber grew up
- Connect with Amber by tweeting Ian @IndependentIan
- Check out our guide to Chile
- Hitchhike! It’s FREE.
- WWOOF! Learn about working on organic farms abroad
Have you had experiences hitchhiking or picking up hitchhikers? Or are you hesitant to try it? Tell us your stories and opinions in the comments section below.