He went from a military career to a successful job in finance.
Until he realised he didn’t truly know those around him.
A pivotal moment made him re-evaluate what was important in life.
So he dug out his teaching diploma.
And went to follow his dreams.
Training at the Shaolin temple & building a new life as a martial arts anthropologist in Asia.
Here is The Brooklyn Monk, Antonio Graceffo.
“That hot dog cart is going to be the last thing I see before I die.” – Antonio Graceffo (Tweet It)
- Surviving the national guard, navy & merchant marine
- Using his military background to get to university
- Going to university for free in Germany
- Becoming a homeless finance worker in New York City
- How the near death experience of 9/11 put things into perspective
- The awe-inspiring experience of training in the Shaolin Temple
- Living abroad is a more fulfilling experience than being a tourist
- Antonio reporting on the Refugees in Shan State, Burma:
- Sir Richard Francis Burton on Wikipedia
What skills and qualifications do you have? How would you be able to use these skills to live or travel abroad?