She realised that her online web marketing business enabled her to work anywhere in the world.
So she bought a one way ticket to Australia.
Through travel she discovered the desire and drive to help grassroots social enterprises all over the world.
She went on to become a National Geographic Traveller of the Year!
Welcome A Little Adrift star, Shannon O’Donnell.
Podcast: Play in new window
“You can make it happen if you live from the place where it can happen.” – Shannon O’Donnell (Tweet It)
- National Geographic Traveller of the Year
- The desire to help travellers support local social enterprises while travelling
- Travel and Grassroots Volunteering
- Going to Australia – first travelling experience
- Problems of running a business on the road
- Travelling in SE Asia for 6 months with her 6th grade niece
- How travel has given her the platform to discover what she wants to do
- Connect with Shannon:
A Little Adrift | Twitter | Facebook
- Sol Clap by Quantic
- Dirty Money by Antibalas
Traveling is stepping into the unknown, the anticipation can be fearful. Accepting that and doing it anyway empowers you.