She went to South East Asia.
She bought herself a bike.
She travelled around Thailand.
She built houses from mud in Burma.
Now she is travel working in Australia.
Planning her next adventure.
Welcome, Kat Dugas.
“Thailand is a paradise of a country for bike travelling.” – Kat Dugas (Tweet It)
- Traveling around Thailand by bike
- Female solo traveling
- Thailand on a budget
- To fold or not to fold… Best bikes for traveling Thailand
- Brick building near Burma
- Staying at the homes of locals
- The mechanics of an Australian Working Holiday Visa
- Changing your life by traveling and living abroad
- How she Work Travels Australia
- Pun Pun – An organic farm, seed-saving operation, and sustainable living and learning center
- Crazy Guy on a Bike
org – A couple Kat met on Koh Phangan, biking from Germany to Thailand and beyond. With their dog, no less.
- Connect with Kat on Tumblr
- Check out Love Space – A conscious community space for the cultivation of creative expression, yoga, workshops, classes, music, group activities, meditation and gift exchange.
Travellingtwo.com is a great bike Podcast
Connect with other couchsurfing bike travelers on Warmshowers.org
Kat also sent us this after the show:
“Right after I hung up I realised, dang I should have told a story about that website! I didn’t use it on my trip but hosted four French bike travelers in Melbourne through it, awesome guys who are doing a 3 year around the world journey. English Solid Dream are very inspiring guys who even incorporated some crazy things like sailing to Antarctica and kite-biking across the outback on their trip. The four of them reminded me exactly of another group of male friends that I have, 4 American guys who were about to take off on a trip through Australia that I convinced to do it by bike (met them hiking the grand canyon) and they also stayed with me on their way through Melbourne! You can find them here on Facebook.
Do you have any ‘crazy’ travel ideas? Write them down and then do some research from other people who have had similar ideas to see how possible they actually are.