He left the UK with about $1,000.
To this day he is still living out his dream.
He’s got a blueprint for sailing the world.
It doesn’t cost much at all.
Please welcome the great sailor, Ben Owen.
“8:00 a.m. is the Sailors Midnight.” – Ben Owen (Tweet It)
- How Ben moved to New Zealand with $1K
- An expert description of the Bay of Islands, New Zealand
- How Avatar was inspired by the beauty you see there
- How to sail the world inexpensively
- Tips for finding the best boat and crew out of The Bay of Islands
- Best practices to follow before setting sail with someone new
- Essentials of sailing from New Zealand to Fiji
- The importance of having an idea on maintaining boats
- Financial safety nets for sailing the world on the cheap
- Lifestyle notes for life at sea
- Navigating immigration problems on the high sea
- Why to Bring Science, Math and History Textbooks to the Solomon Islands
- Sailing into New Guinea
- Exploring Darwin, Australia with Crocodiles
- Shout out to Lisa and Erik from Tasmania
- Crazy fishing stories from Northern Australia
- The value of traveling with a First Aid kit
- How to catch fish while you sleep
- What troubles to expect with immigration when sailing into Bali
- The whole trip was $4,000 including flights
- How to Hitchhike the South Pacific
- Want to go on the boat trip we discuss at the beginning of the show? Check out The Rock
- Want to Go Where Ben Did? (In order of Discussion)
- Find out more about the Green Flash
- Learn more about the amazing diving spot in Vanuatu, SS President Colidge
- Connect with Ben:
Do you ever dream of sailing the world?
Do you think you’d be willing to take on an adventure like the one Ben did?