Registering a Skoolie in Nevada

Registering a skoolie in Nevada is not as challenging as I initially anticipated. It’s just like registering a salvaged car. Check out the video to get an idea of the story. I’ll add additional information related to costs and document types on the blog below.

How I Registered My Skoolie in Nevada

More to come shortly.

4 Replies to “Registering a Skoolie in Nevada”

    1. Hey Paul – I went with State Farm. I’ve been insured through them for my normal passenger vehicles for a few years now and had a good relationship with the folks in the office (Jim Trato’s office).

      The insurance is actually crazy inexpensive. I’m paying almost nothing for it.

  1. So they never even bothered checking the appliances? You just need to have it checked over by a mechanic? We are likely to try registering a converted bus fairly soon, but we have concerns over what stage of conversion is needed.

    1. In my experience, the guy boarded our bus but didn’t look at things in detail. The DMV folks seemed to spend a lot of time with the inspection, but all of that time was spent inside their office. They spent almost no time on, or around the bus.

      I wouldn’t worry so much about the stage of the conversion. Maybe we passed easily because we were nearing 100% completion, or maybe we overbuilt the bus and could have made the process easier on ourselves. I’m guessing that the reality is somewhere in-between. At the end of the day, I don’t think the DMV people care much.

      In conclusion, I’d guess that as long as you have your mechanic check and the appearance of the DMV minimums for an RV, you can make it happen with much less work than we did.

      Good luck Kat!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.