Why be a travel blogger when you can be a sex blogger?
“It’s just easier you know? Also, people appreciate you more!”
Anyone can talk about travel, but it takes a more daring and carefree individual to have the courage to speak their mind on sex without reservation.
Theresa Lachner is the Founder of the largest sex blog in Germany Lvstprinzip. Talking sex pays her way while she enjoys the perks of being a digital nomad, traveling the world and practicing random bouts of meditation.
Finding the motivation to write and write well is never easy. In this episode Theresa fills us in on how she got started in the sex blogging industry, tips on writing well, and appreciating the world around you even when traveling is taking its toll.
“In a way, I always feel like a naked person in a room full of dressed people.” – Theresa Lachner
- How did Theresa get into the sex blogging industry? [2:54]
- The birth of Lvstprinzip, the biggest sex blog in Germany [3:35]
- Pros of being a sex blogger vs a travel blogger [7:55]
- How to Get Rich from Masturbation [8:13]
- Daring enough to use her real identity, being the only sex blogger in Germany [9:33]
- The secret to sex blogging and other daring ventures [10:31]
- The craft of writing a sex blog [13:16]
- The art of writing… Yes, it’s all about practise [16:35]
- Theresa’s meditation practices [18:40]
- Diary tips [19:58]
- Finding the motivation to write [22:03]
- Novice writer vs professional writer [26:07]
- How to travel the world while working [26:58]
- Living and working in Saigon [30:35]
- Unexpected perks and inspirations of traveling and writing [32:52]
- What are the benefits of writing? [35:43]
- Differences in writing styles [36:17]
- Writing in German vs English [37:26]
- Theresa’s Ah-ha moment in India… and how to appreciate traveling even when it gets rough [38:14]
- BEWARE of publishing raunchy sexy Facebook posts… You will be blocked! [49:38]
Theresa Lachner Talking Points:
- Check out the freelance office space Cowork Central Lisbon
- Surfing icon Kelly Slater
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Politics and the English Language by George Orwell
- 7 types of Annoying Digital Nomads by Theresa Lachner
- Connect with Theresa:
“Sex you know is like food, it’s something that everybody does but nobody really dares to write about. It’s a bit weird.” – Theresa Lachner
How can you utilize your untapped skills? Have you ever thought of taking your work online to pursue your dream of long term travel?