Taylor Conroy’s energy for life is contagious! Currently, he is the co-founder of Journey, an organization that designs trips for volunteers looking to make a difference by building homes in developing countries.
In his role, Taylor is on a mission to revolutionize the way social change is funded. This is a great interview for travelers looking to make a difference in the world.
Inspired by his passion, we explored his past, where I learned that he has always been driven. Whether it’s high-finance real estate, bodybuilding, firefighting or international volunteer work, Taylor takes on life at full force.
“That’s what made me leave the fire hall, that love for thinking outside the box and creating things that don’t yet exist.” – Taylor Conroy
- Taylor’s bodybuilder beginning [2:00]
- Life advice… You got to put in the hustle and the heartbreak to get the reward [6:30]
- The entrepreneurship itch [10:22]
- How to find a personal guru [14:07]
- Taylor’s passion for feminist projects [19:15]
- Yorling’s story: The will of a teenage Nicaraguan woman [21:18]
- Mr. Rodrigue’s story: A 100-year-old Salvadorian dairy farmer sees his new home [23:51]
- The power of partnering with an established local non-profit [25:39]
- What to expect on a Journey trip [26:08]
- The difference between non-profit and for-profit organizations in the change industry [33:33]
- Trip participants realize that ‘we, humans, are not as different as we think’ [39:14]
- The Masai warrior’s four truths [41:07]
- How to ensure volunteerism is sustainable for the community [44:26]
Taylor Conroy’s Talking Points:
- Exclusive Love Affair Travel listener offer! Attend a 5-Day life-changing trip to Mexico in late September, build a home for a family living in a slum and connect with a community who wants to change the world. Enter “LoveAffair” into the Promo Code Box at checkout for a trip value of $990 (normally priced at $1,290).
- Taylor’s TedX Talk How to Build a School in 3 Hours
- Taylor’s brainchild for peer-to-peer fundraising Change Heroes
- Connect with Journey and make a difference:
- Connect with Taylor:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Taylor found his drive by pushing himself out of his comfort zone. How can you challenge yourself today to manifest a better world?