KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid
I’ll give you 4 unique podcasts and explain what they do that is interesting.
- Conventional Radio Style Show
- Provides specific actionable information for business owners (specifically those that want to be web based)
- They act as personal-like characters
- The podcast is broken into sections which are uniform across all episodes
- Very Unconventional
- Focus on entertainment, humor, spiritualism futurist ideas and creativity
- Bizarre approach to advertising
- Adds un-predictable elements (e.g. old music, 15 minutes of buddhist chanting, strange voice effects)
3. BlogCast FM with Srinivas Rao
- Other examples of this style are: Mixergy and Rise to the Top
- Interview Only format
- Mostly actionable business/blogging advice
- This is probably the highest quality podcast available
- Fascinating stories with artistic articulation
- This is pure entertainment podcasting
- Excellent sound and production
As you can see, the formats for podcasting are wide open. The Podcast is a blank canvas for your ears. These shows are making real money on their own. If you have something you want to drive traffic to (e.g. a service, business or product) this medium is a great opportunity. Just from working in the Philippines I saw the numbers roll in each time we published a podcast.
Want to Get Involved?
Want to publish a podcast or join a podcasting network? Please send me a blurb of what you want your show to be about, and what you need to make it happen.