Sometimes life requires something more.
One can have an excellent job in a prestigious place.
Yet the call of exotic lands can be too much to bear.
After realizing this Jodi turned that passion into a powerful journey.
She has been on the road for five years and has only just begun…
Please welcome, the founder of Legal Nomads.
The lovely, Jodi Ettenberg.
“Opportunities come your way and you either go with them or not.” – Jodi Ettenberg (Tweet It)
- Jodi’s excellent packing guide
- Explaining her lifestyle of living in SE Asia half the time and USA the rest
- How Jodi went about leaving a well paid position at a law firm to travel the world
- The transition between a lawyer turned slow traveling global adventurer
- How 5 years of travel has led to a career she never expected
- How to budget for travel on a per year basis
- The origins of LegalNomads.com
- How her passion for writing almost accidentally turned into a profession
- On the importance of authenticity
- The long term, community driven way to make money online
- Why providing value is essential to entrepreneurs
- On the value of sticking to what you care about
- What captivated her about the Trans Siberian Railway
- On the joys of being bench-pressed by giant Russian men
- Her magnificent story of a “non-space view of the overview effect analog”
- How slow travel works
- Why Jodi made the decision to stay in Bangkok during the riots of 2010
- How to question engineers as to the direction they placed their sniper wire
- Even as a lone female traveler, she feels safer walking around at night than in much of North America
- We discuss safety on a deeper level than I ever have before
- How travel safety instincts can develop with time on the road
- The value of avoiding attention when in a foreign country
- On the challenge of being sick in a foreign country
- How having a backup plan to a lifestyle of long term travel is a smart decision
- On how building a worse case scenario and preparing for it can give you more confidence in your travels
- Jodi’s entrepreneurial plans for launching food explorations of cities based on colors
- Her plans to create a travel site to help those travelers with Celiac Disease
- Advice to those who know they want to travel but are unnerved by taking the first step
- How Jodi uses Twitter
- All the other Lovely Stuff
- Check out the Lost Girls
- Learn about the Trans Siberian Railway
- Read Jodi’s piece on the Overview Effect
- Learn more about Planetary Collective
- A great resource is Wandering Earl’s Website
- Explore Shannon’s sit called A Little Adrift
- Connect with Jodi:
- Planning a trip? Get Jodi’s preparation guide.