Author of a new book The Purpose Principles.
Jake Ducey is curious about what creates both success and failure.
He left business school to write and travel.
A fall in heavy Indonesian rain caused his life to flash before his eyes.
He headed home to write his first book, which was a huge success.
Now it’s time for his second book to be released to the world.
Say hello to the talented young author, Jake Ducey.
“What can really propel us to do incredible things is being courageous in spite of the fear.” – Jake Ducey (Tweet It)
- Left business school at age 19
- Decided he wanted to write, and most people did that by traveling
- Was in Indonesia, hiking in the pouring rain when he slipped and fell
- Life flashed before his eyes, he cut his travels short to go home to write
- Didn’t really know how to start writing, started by copying The Great Gatsby like Hunter S. Thompson
- Finished his transcript, then couldn’t find a publisher
- Self published Into the Wind, hit top 300 on Amazon, sold 15,000 copies
- Read The Success Principles by Jack Canfield then when on to meet him at an event
- Canfield wrote the foreword to his newest book
- Talks about his Indiegogo expertise and the importance of creating personal connection
- Was never afraid to just send an email asking for what he wanted
- Decided to do his own publicity for new book, The Purpose Principles
- Went to deliver donated bicycles with Tom Shadyac
- People need to be acknowledged and need to know that their lives matter
“When we take matters into our own hands life really responds.” – Jake Ducey (Tweet It)