In 2015 V (Veronica) and I ran an internet business which empowered us to spend the whole year island hopping in the Caribbean and driving across the United States.
During that time we took a boat from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico, flew to Miami, drove to New Orleans, New York, Canada, Detroit, Chicago, Yellowstone National Park, British Colombia and down to Reno, Nevada.
V graces the show with her presence today. Unaware this is about to go down, until I shove a microphone in her face, she’s a willing participant. The aim is for her to help me tell this story. We have alot of fun reminiscing. This was the best year of my life and I’m deeply grateful to share this story.
Note: This is an enhanced podcast so while you listen on your iPhone (subscribe to the podcast) you can see images on the screen.
Cross Country Links Mentioned:
- Going to Cabarete, Dominican Republic? Check out Rogue Fitness
- Want to learn about the best podcast production services in the world?
- CrossFit Langnappe
- Listen to Rebirth Brass Band
- New Orleans Drive Through Daiquiris
- New Orleans Movie
- Flat Tire in Mississippi Movie
- Alabama Was Quite the Surprise Movie
- Learn more about the Mennonite Communities in Virginia
- Harrisonburg Movie with Caitlin
- Washington DC movie
- Biking the Circumference of Manhattan
- Keys Locked in the Car in Upstate New York Movie
- Learn more about Bradley Will and Gabe Strom
- Freedom Podcasting Meetup in Chicago
- Yellowstone National Park and Jenny Lake movie
- Guy on a Buffalo – Hilarious Movie
- Learn more about Frank’s slide
- Learn more about the Hark Raving Sirens, an excellent 3 girl band in Fernie, B.C, Canada
- Canada Road Trip Movie
- Watch the Craters of the Moon Video
Cross Country Talking Points:
- Introducing V [0:28]
- Why Live in Dominican Republic [0:46]
- Taking a Ferry from the Dominican Republic for Puerto Rico [1:37]
- On moving to Rincon, Puerto Rico [2:35]
- How we flew to Miami, bought a car and drove across the USA [4:44]
- Thoughts on living in New Orleans, Louisiana for a month [7:23]
- On the drive from New Orleans to New Jersey [11:02]
- Hanging with the Mennonite Communities in Harrisonburg, Virginia [12:16]
- Veronica’s mixed experience with Washington DC [15:00]
- House sitting in beautiful Livingston, New Jersey [17:03]
- How we lived in Brooklyn for a month with no accommodation expense [18:20]
- Explaining how we make money to afford this travel lifestyle [20:14]
- Leaving New York City to drive North – Disaster strikes! [20:45]
- Driving across the midwest and into the North West United States [24:22]
- The decision to drive to Canada on the fly [25:58]
- The buffalo encounter [26:53]
- RVing around British Columbia, Canada [28:36]
- Driving from Glacier National Park to Reno, Nevada [30:24]
- The overall experience of road tripping across the USA as digital nomads [32:02]
- Hangman by Cadillac Sky
When was your last road trip? Where did you go? How did you fund it?