This handsome devil moves to a new country every year.
His readers decide where he will go next.
After 4 year on the road, he’s started a publishing company.
We talk about muggings, baliwood and making money.
So plug in those ear buds, hit play and get outside for a beautiful walk.
Colin Wright is on the show. Tell the WORLD!
“I want to have the things that make me truly happy, but nothing more.” – Colin Wright (Tweet It)
- Despite co-founding a publishing company in Montana, he spends part of his time in Iceland of all places
- How Colin’s Exile Lifestyle works
- How he developed the plan for this lifestyle despite having a blank passport and having never left the USA
- Living in Argentina for four months as his first expedition
- The unexpected similarity of Romanian and Argentine Spanish
- On Romanian cost of living, hospitality and internet speed
- What his financial situation was like before leaving the USA
- How the tragic state of New Zealand’s internet shattered his business, yet helped him refocus his aspirations on publishing
- Why publishing is the best vehicle to realize your ideal lifestyle
- Useful tips on avoiding victimization in impoverished countries
- Colin’s (surprisingly) heroic story of punching a guy to avoid getting mugged
- The risks of getting mugged in Christchurch, New Zealand
- How New Zealand is one of the safest, easiest countries to travel in the world
- MINIMALISM | from 8 computers and a walk in closet to carry on luggage
- The value of traveling light
- Humanism… We’re all human first and everything on top is icing
- How the fear of the other doesn’t matter as much as the media and politicians make it out to be
- Why understanding humanism can be a helpful tool on your journey
- How to enjoy communication despite having neither language or culture in common
- On the value of sustainability in consumption, economy and travel
- On being bullied out of the rainforest by howler monkeys
- A hilarious tale of playing the Cowboy in a Bollywood movie
- How travel has effected his entrepreneurial work
- The value of diversifying income streams
- About his publishing company/start-up incubator he co-founded
- The philosophical frame work that Colin has build in Act Accordingly
- That travel is valuable and the sooner you take advantage of it the better
“The most important thing is that you have what you need, as opposed to owning stuff that is excessive.” – Colin Wright (Tweet It)
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History – Wrath of the Khans
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Act Accordingly by Colin Wright
- Join the Asymmetrical Community to be a part of the magic
- Connect with Colin:
Did this episode have an effect on you? What are you doing next?
Feel to leave a comment below or share this with your friends.