A computer whizz.
With a love for travel.
Managed to marry the two and create a successful business.
Helping travelers with their tech problems.
Writing about the fascinating places that his path crosses.
Say hello to Anil Polat, the FoXnoMad.
Podcast: Play in new window
“When people ask me ‘”What can I do to be able to travel?'” I say whatever you are talented & passionate about & go from there.” – FoxNoMad (Tweet It)
- FoxNoMad tells us his opinion on the Edward Snowden case and how laws are not keeping up with modern technology
- We get tech tips and computer security tips which are particularly useful to travelers
- Why your computer should reflect you as a person
- How he managed to maintain and grow his business to allow for his traveler lifestyle
- Meeting the women of Yemen and understanding their life aspirations
- Embracing the vulnerability that is given to us through travel
- The misconceptions of being a location independent worker
- Why travel gives us a deeper understanding of people
- Why Eastern Europe is the way to go
Fox Nomad | Twitter
What would you consider to be your unique skills and passions? Can you think of a way that you would be able to use these skills to become location independent, especially given the faster and better available internet.
Image Property of Wandering Earl
He likes to travel to the least visited places on earth.
His first trip was 14 years ago in South East Asia.
It was only supposed to last for 3 months.
Today he is still on the road going as strong as ever.
He’s a hero in the long term travel space.
Please welcome, Wandering Earl.
Podcast: Play in new window
“The overwhelming number of people on this planet are nice, good people.” – Wandering Earl (Tweet It)
- How a short trip to South East Asia turned into a 14 year travel lifestyle
- How blogging helped to focus Earl’s travel driven entrepreneurship
- Why desperation is a useful tool for a travel lifestyle
- The tools Earl used to build his first business on the road (hint: pens and paper)
- How to start a language training business in any (non-english speaking) country in the world
- Earl’s stories of traveling in Pakistan, Yemen and getting blitzed with the Taliban
- How Earl was kidnapped in Bangladesh
- We go on a tangent on how to learn to surf in Mexico or Australia
- All about Romania and how it is the friendliest country in the world
- Comparing the cost of living in Australia with that of Romania
- The opportunity for a Working Holiday in Australia for those under 30
- Advice for those that want to live a permanent travel lifestyle
- Developing an open minded approach to making money while traveling
- Independent traveling with the support of small groups
- All the other Lovely Stuff
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Now it’s your chance! Share this show on twitter.
Everything you need to know about the Australia Working Holiday Visa
Have you ever had a job on a cruise ship?
Do you find interesting ways to maintain your travel lifestyle?