Image Property of Wandering Earl
He likes to travel to the least visited places on earth.
His first trip was 14 years ago in South East Asia.
It was only supposed to last for 3 months.
Today he is still on the road going as strong as ever.
He’s a hero in the long term travel space.
Please welcome, Wandering Earl.
Podcast: Play in new window
“The overwhelming number of people on this planet are nice, good people.” – Wandering Earl (Tweet It)
- How a short trip to South East Asia turned into a 14 year travel lifestyle
- How blogging helped to focus Earl’s travel driven entrepreneurship
- Why desperation is a useful tool for a travel lifestyle
- The tools Earl used to build his first business on the road (hint: pens and paper)
- How to start a language training business in any (non-english speaking) country in the world
- Earl’s stories of traveling in Pakistan, Yemen and getting blitzed with the Taliban
- How Earl was kidnapped in Bangladesh
- We go on a tangent on how to learn to surf in Mexico or Australia
- All about Romania and how it is the friendliest country in the world
- Comparing the cost of living in Australia with that of Romania
- The opportunity for a Working Holiday in Australia for those under 30
- Advice for those that want to live a permanent travel lifestyle
- Developing an open minded approach to making money while traveling
- Independent traveling with the support of small groups
- All the other Lovely Stuff
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Now it’s your chance! Share this show on twitter.
Everything you need to know about the Australia Working Holiday Visa
Have you ever had a job on a cruise ship?
Do you find interesting ways to maintain your travel lifestyle?
Image Property of Colin Wright
This handsome devil moves to a new country every year.
His readers decide where he will go next.
After 4 year on the road, he’s started a publishing company.
We talk about muggings, baliwood and making money.
So plug in those ear buds, hit play and get outside for a beautiful walk.
Colin Wright is on the show. Tell the WORLD!
Podcast: Play in new window
“I want to have the things that make me truly happy, but nothing more.” – Colin Wright (Tweet It)
- Despite co-founding a publishing company in Montana, he spends part of his time in Iceland of all places
- How Colin’s Exile Lifestyle works
- How he developed the plan for this lifestyle despite having a blank passport and having never left the USA
- Living in Argentina for four months as his first expedition
- The unexpected similarity of Romanian and Argentine Spanish
- On Romanian cost of living, hospitality and internet speed
- What his financial situation was like before leaving the USA
- How the tragic state of New Zealand’s internet shattered his business, yet helped him refocus his aspirations on publishing
- Why publishing is the best vehicle to realize your ideal lifestyle
- Useful tips on avoiding victimization in impoverished countries
- Colin’s (surprisingly) heroic story of punching a guy to avoid getting mugged
- The risks of getting mugged in Christchurch, New Zealand
- How New Zealand is one of the safest, easiest countries to travel in the world
- MINIMALISM | from 8 computers and a walk in closet to carry on luggage
- The value of traveling light
- Humanism… We’re all human first and everything on top is icing
- How the fear of the other doesn’t matter as much as the media and politicians make it out to be
- Why understanding humanism can be a helpful tool on your journey
- How to enjoy communication despite having neither language or culture in common
- On the value of sustainability in consumption, economy and travel
- On being bullied out of the rainforest by howler monkeys
- A hilarious tale of playing the Cowboy in a Bollywood movie
- How travel has effected his entrepreneurial work
- The value of diversifying income streams
- About his publishing company/start-up incubator he co-founded
- The philosophical frame work that Colin has build in Act Accordingly
- That travel is valuable and the sooner you take advantage of it the better
“The most important thing is that you have what you need, as opposed to owning stuff that is excessive.” – Colin Wright (Tweet It)
Exile Lifestyle | ColinIsMy.Name | Asymmetrical Press | Twitter
Did this episode have an effect on you? What are you doing next?
Feel to leave a comment below or share this with your friends.
Image Property of Niall Doherty
Niall is a man with a mission.
He is traveling around the world WITHOUT FLYING!
How is this even possible you ask?
Listen in to find out how possible the impossible really is.
Our first inspirational guest on the Love Affair Travel podcast.
The man, Niall Doherty.
Podcast: Play in new window
“Once you’re lucky, twice your good.” – Niall Doherty (Tweet It)
- Niall’s journey so far: Ireland > England > Amsterdam > Around Europe > Romania > Turkey > Iran > Dubai > India > (5 months in) Nepal > India > Thailand
- How impossible it is to go from India to Sri Lanka without flying
- The challenge of traveling from India to Thailand without flying; how he solved this problem by “Making them an Offer they couldn’t refuse.” Hint: It involves some social media blackmail.
- His trials and tribulations whilst seeking a Pakistani visa
- The finances of a round the world journey in which he was to begin in $3,000 dollars in the bank
- How Niall’s path to successful entrepreneurship has run in tandem with his global journey
- Why Niall is focusing on a high level wealthy mindset now
- How his Bangkok roommates helped him to identify limiting beliefs
- Tales on hacking free travel and cash to boot
- How Iran was the PRIME example of an amazingly positive moment in Niall’s journey
- How to survive in Iran on $100 for 10 days
- More about the amazing hospitality of the Iranian people
- Meditations on irrational fears
- How to cut out the risk of traveling by yourself or with friends
- Niall’s take on privacy and how he lives his life as if the whole world could be watching
- How he plans to cross the Pacific Ocean
- A story of the guy who burned 10,000 pounds in South East Asia
- Plus, much more…
“You can’t have an adventure if everything goes to plan.” – Niall Doherty (Tweet It)
Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
“You don’t overcome your fears and then go do what it is that you want to do. The way it works is, you go do what you want to do in spite of the fear and then while doing it, you overcome it.” – POWERFUL Niall Doherty!